Thursday, May 6, 2010

Day 4

    Well, I'm almost through with my first treatment.  I feel reasonably well.  Mostly I have a sort of swollen feeling throughout my body, and I am pretty tired most of the time.  I have had some nausea but I think the drugs they've got me on have it mostly under control now.  I ate some lasagna today which was the most I've eaten in a while.  It's weird to look at food and not really have any desire to eat it, even though you know you should be hungry.  It doesn't help that the lasagna takes on the medicine taste that is constantly in my mouth.  It feels like it's seeping in through my gums, which is pretty strange.
     My day to day activities have been reduced to watching movies and TV.  I sit in the chair and watch TV until I get tired and then I lay in bed and watch a movie.  Not exactly the most productive life but it gets me through to the next day.  I went outside and hung out in the swing for a while, but the sun gave me a headache, so i'll have to wait for a more cloudy day to try that again.  Anyways I feel good about only having one more day of infusions until my next cycle.

1 comment:

  1. Peter Peter Peter...well apparently you aren't crazy about tasting all those chemicals. I learned today in my nursing class that if pregnant you are not supposed to work with chemotherapy patients due to possible exposure to traces of chemicals in bodily fluids which can harm a fetus. I think you should patent and wear a Tshirts that say things like "Fetuses beware" or how about "Pregnant? Stay away". What do you think?

    ReplyDelete